jillypoet: mom trying to write

Each day I wish I had invented waterproof sticky notes (for shower inspiration) or pen-friendly diapers to get down all my quirky thoughts that I am sure are relevant and publishable. And so God (actually another writer-mommy) sent me The Blog.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

As my father always says, I found it in Reader's Digest

Thought for the day...

My muse wears a fur trimmed coat
and elf ear hat.
She is often seen walking away.

Someone once said...

In the company of the world's poems we feel less lonely.
- Quote found in an old journal. Author unknown.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this description of your muse with the photo is fabulous! you're lucky. my muse is an old man who likes to drink. but he has incredible affection for me, and he's kind to me when i just don't get him.

i wrote a post about him ages ago but it would be too much work to find it so you're just going to have to trust me.

1:18 PM  
Blogger jillypoet said...

I remember that piece! I loved it! The porch, the beer, the old man. It was from way back in the beginning of your blog. You should post it again! It's always good to stroke your muse's ego!

3:14 PM  
Blogger writerwoman said...

Very adorable photo.

The muse comes in many forms, as different as each writer. It makes me smile to hear about the shape of another poet's muse.

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home