jillypoet: mom trying to write

Each day I wish I had invented waterproof sticky notes (for shower inspiration) or pen-friendly diapers to get down all my quirky thoughts that I am sure are relevant and publishable. And so God (actually another writer-mommy) sent me The Blog.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Boo


Orphan Poem...no title yet...

Full moon.
Warlocks are lining up outside my door.
Witches wind around the block.
The pastor tells me
it is Satan and his band
of rogues come for me.
My conscience tells me
it is only fair,
considering what I have done.
Have you done it too?

6 Comments:

Blogger Carolee said...

this is so unlike you--short! shorter than short. gremlin short. goblin short. .... and i love it. you know i'm all about religious undertones these days.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jilly Jilly Jilly I am in LOVE with this poem! Espesh that penultimate line - OH!

8:57 PM  
Blogger jillypoet said...

wow guys. i thought it was just kind of a throw away poem. it came to me as i was falling asleep, kind of like my 6-year-old, waking me up in the middle of the night, and I grudglingly turned the lighton and wrote it down. not to say i do anything grudgingly for my kids. oh no, i'm a great great mom!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Oh this is so cool......very pithy, very rhymey, very good!

BTW, just to let you know that Jessica Fox Wilson is setting up a new online journal, Asphalt Sky, and is accepting submissions up to 31 December for the first issue (which will come out in the middle of next year). Prose, poetry, art all considered.......Blog buttons are available at the obvious gmail address. Thanks,

http://www.asphaltsky.com

12:53 PM  
Blogger Kimberley McGill said...

I've done it. Definitely.

11:44 PM  
Anonymous write my research paper said...

Nice post! Thanks a lot!

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home