jillypoet: mom trying to write

Each day I wish I had invented waterproof sticky notes (for shower inspiration) or pen-friendly diapers to get down all my quirky thoughts that I am sure are relevant and publishable. And so God (actually another writer-mommy) sent me The Blog.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Thankful...Day One

Today I am thankful for my daughter who taught me how to make wishes on leaves. If you'd like to try just do this...

  • pick up a leaf. crumpled works as well as flat.
  • close your eyes. really squeeze them. i told you close your eyes.
  • make your wish while doing all the following...
  • jump up.
  • throw your leaf up in the air.
  • say "blow."

*Important note: this wish-casting technique also works with sticks, but is then referred to as "wish-sticking," as opposed to leaf-wishing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home