jillypoet: mom trying to write

Each day I wish I had invented waterproof sticky notes (for shower inspiration) or pen-friendly diapers to get down all my quirky thoughts that I am sure are relevant and publishable. And so God (actually another writer-mommy) sent me The Blog.

Monday, May 21, 2007

Out my window

Bluejay on table.
Seed, grass, feather, string.
Picnic without me.

Song of sweet william,
Lily of the valley hymn.
Church of the back yard.

Wind spreads unseen seeds,
pollens, bees rejoice aloft.
Where are the secrets?

Leaves bristle in breeze,
green light stretches past shadow.
Errant artist paints.

Inside child cries
throws bag of red grapes on lap
nature is here, too.

9 Comments:

Blogger angie said...

Ahhh, you're back. :)

Such a lovely voice in this sequence, too. I really, really like the second haiku. And how you've used "secrets" in the third; I can picture you leaning on your hand, looking out the window, having a wistful moment that gets broken by the child's cries and grapes, yet you've made it fit with that last, thoughtful line.

Very nice!

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An excellent set, sequential yet each self-contained. I love 'church of the back yard'.

4:20 AM  
Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

lovely series, I especially like the one with the leaves and the artist.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

You are so inspiring, creative and visual with haiku. I refuse to pick a favorite because they are each a treat.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Regina said...

It's amazing how just looking out our window can be so full of wonderful things! You write so lovely and these were all wonderful!

2:24 PM  
Blogger rel said...

jilltpoet,
Such a real life you describe so much to store in memory for more dismal days.
rel

8:30 PM  
Blogger Clare said...

Really beautiful images and feeling!

12:27 AM  
Blogger Patois42 said...

I love the series. Your "picnic without me" brought a smile to my face. The activity of the first four followed by the finality of the fifth: love 'em all.

4:13 PM  
Anonymous The Kitchen Worktops Girl said...

What an inspiring series!

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home