jillypoet: mom trying to write

Each day I wish I had invented waterproof sticky notes (for shower inspiration) or pen-friendly diapers to get down all my quirky thoughts that I am sure are relevant and publishable. And so God (actually another writer-mommy) sent me The Blog.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Haiku: Poetry Gong 20

Zen in loud darkness
filling an empty pumpkin
with stranger’s candy.

Standing on the stoop
quick glimpse into stranger’s lives
smell their dryer sheets.

It is not chocolate
not the pleasure of disguise
door-to-door is treat.

Pray for lone pumpkins
run through chill autumn shadows
be open to ghosts.

*****************************************************************************

It's all I've got. Well, four haiku and a chocolate high. I'm trick-or-treated out! Happy Halloween!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you got lots of detail from your evening for these haiku, like dryer sheets. and there are some great phrases here: "pray for lone pumpkins" and "be open to ghosts"

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home