jillypoet: mom trying to write

Each day I wish I had invented waterproof sticky notes (for shower inspiration) or pen-friendly diapers to get down all my quirky thoughts that I am sure are relevant and publishable. And so God (actually another writer-mommy) sent me The Blog.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Poetry Gong - Poem 18

Halloween Costume


Days later I am still at her thighs
black satin
ragged edges
******************************************************************************

Another one of those nights wherein I fell asleep after reading with my son, then stumbled to the computer, vowing to just find a half-poem already written, one I could post to keep the gong going. But my new-found poet heart wouldn't let me.

I chose a poem at random to read for inspiration (Elizabeth Spires, "Nightgown"), then began to imagine what would happen if a Halloween costume turned evil.

Note to self: the last two stanzas need work.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

now what could be evil about a witch costume? hmm?

you have a great imagination. personifying a costume. great idea!

this line belongs in every poem ever written: "Shrieking mystifies
the neighbors."

or maybe if not in every poem ever written, every poet's bio. :)

11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like this, especially "she can not take me off."

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home