jillypoet: mom trying to write

Each day I wish I had invented waterproof sticky notes (for shower inspiration) or pen-friendly diapers to get down all my quirky thoughts that I am sure are relevant and publishable. And so God (actually another writer-mommy) sent me The Blog.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Juicy, just juicy



Juicy.

Do you love that word?


It just runs down your chin. Ripe peach, bright orange nectarine. Even crisp Empires spurt and spill natural apple juice when they're pulled straight off the tree.


Slice through melon
lean into dry cutting board
bathe in clear sweet juice.

Strawberries in bowl
ripe raspberries circle round
by noontime all juice.

Two-year-old can do!
Socks on feet, bananas peeled.
Juice will take first spill.

Inside hard tan rind
cradled between soft slick seeds
melon juice runs free.

Slicing cantelope
who’s to say what is sharper
the blade or the juice?

10 Comments:

Blogger Tumblewords: said...

Oh, I love canteloupe! And didn't have much of it this summer. Great haiku - love the juicy-ness of it all!

1:34 AM  
Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

I enjoyed your words but sadly can't enjoy melon of any type as I'm allergic!

3:50 AM  
Blogger Greggo said...

theses are great! my mouth is watering! lol.

9:23 AM  
Blogger January said...

This is a yummy poem. Love the language you use--very direct and susinct.

FYI, I posted your poetry poetcard on my blog. Check it out.

9:24 AM  
Blogger January said...

Oops. I meant to type "succinct."

9:25 AM  
Blogger paisley said...

a spectrum of color and flavor... oh and juice!!!!!h

9:31 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

Love that last one, moves along sharply. :-)

1:22 PM  
Blogger spacedlaw said...

That last one has got a real kick in it!

2:21 AM  
Blogger Patois42 said...

So inspired you were! These are wonderful. I think I might be partial to the second and the last. Thanks for sharing these.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Pearl said...

The first one has a powerful feel to it. It makes me want to hear it continued.

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home