jillypoet: mom trying to write

Each day I wish I had invented waterproof sticky notes (for shower inspiration) or pen-friendly diapers to get down all my quirky thoughts that I am sure are relevant and publishable. And so God (actually another writer-mommy) sent me The Blog.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

On BRIEF hiatus (on Hyannis!)



So, I will be on vacation for the next few days. I will be, as Dana @ Sublimation (don't know how to make it so you can click on it, sorry. but she is in my sidebar) suggested, taking one day to write down everything I do. And another day I will be writing a poem on a stick and tossing it into the ocean. Or maybe a rock. Or maybe a crab. Yes. A poem on a dead crab. And did you know, by the by, that fishers of crabs use chicken necks to catch crabs? My young art students told me that today. Yes. Chicken necks. "Do you have them in your house?" I asked them. "Do you kill the chickens yourself?" No no no, silly Miss Jill. We buy them at a bait store. Now, where I come from, all you get at the bait store is worms. Or maybe Swedish fish and Archie comic books.

Anyway, if anyone reads this, and if it happens to be before I leave Friday night, please, heed the sign posted above and...ASK ME FOR A POEM. I am taking requests. Give me a subject. Give me a line. I will take it with me and write a poem a day based on your prompts. And you can have the results for just $9.99. In three easy installments. Easy.

Now to pack!

Remember, keep those poetry requests coming!
Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Blogger Carolee said...

the parallels continue. where i come from, they actually sell worms next to the milk at our regular stores. bait shop-schmait shop. (but if you find one, i like those bubble gum cigarettes that puff powdered sugar out the end like smoke).

$9.99? why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free? WHAT? Sorry, my mother jumped in there and started giving everyone instructions. the spender in me says, put a cover on it and call it a book and up your price to $14.95

and FINALLY ... a poem request? a line? look @ the names people name their boats. use one or more of those names in your poem ...

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're doing what I suggested? I am so stoked! (You really shouldn't make it a practice to take my advice, although in this case, I think my advice is sound.) I got the idea from Paper Napkin ~ you should check that blog out when you get back.

What to request you write about ... chicken necks!!! (You kinda set yourself up for that.)

~Dana.

P.S. I want every poet in the world to write a poem on something and throw it in a body of water. Is that weird?

12:46 AM  
Blogger jillypoet said...

You guys are awesome. Two poems coming up with a side of chicken necks.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Sasha said...

Is it too late to make a request?

If not, then a poem using these three words:

bloodline
carve
glassine

if you please!
SO SO SO glad you are posting again. Even though I have been a slacker of late.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Carolee said...

please come back. enough with the cape and the adirondack's already. :) i have needs, too!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

Hoping for purely selfish reasons that you cave and snag some internet access while away.

I'd like a poem, please. With something from your childhood. Or mine. A snippet of overheard something? Bonus points if the tide makes an appearance.

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home