jillypoet: mom trying to write

Each day I wish I had invented waterproof sticky notes (for shower inspiration) or pen-friendly diapers to get down all my quirky thoughts that I am sure are relevant and publishable. And so God (actually another writer-mommy) sent me The Blog.

Friday, November 09, 2007

Have you listened to your guy in the sky today?

"That guy in the sky told you to eat your lunch."
- My 2-year-old, commenting on the loudspeaker voice at Panera, telling the owner of the Mediterranean veggie that their sandwich was ready

In case anyone doubts my utter commitment to NaBloPoMo, please rest assured, I posted yesterday! It was a fabulous post on my sister blog Fertile Ground! We are issuing our first monthly CHALLENGE! Check it out!

Short post tonight. We are cleaning like crazy people to get ready for my parents' visit. My birthday, my son's birthday...big celebration!

I'm dying to write a poem. I have several started, but my poet mind is distracted. Maybe if I crawlinto bed, shut my eyes to the half-cleaned mess, have some tea (or some wine) and sit with my journal, or sit with a poet. Maybe the dude from Chile who read at the last poetry reading I attended... oh! hey! I wrote a poem about him. Off to find it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Hey, I just realized you gave us the wrong link for Fertile Ground at qarrtsiluni, for inclusion in your bio. It's fixed now.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Carolee said...

friday must have been cleaning day. i was in a frenzy on friday b/c i had a friend stopping by from DC on her way to vermont. i didn't get it all done. had to keep some rooms closed off. :)

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home