jillypoet: mom trying to write

Each day I wish I had invented waterproof sticky notes (for shower inspiration) or pen-friendly diapers to get down all my quirky thoughts that I am sure are relevant and publishable. And so God (actually another writer-mommy) sent me The Blog.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

NaPoWriMo #24


A (Spring) Prayer To Cover All My Bases, Against Impending Doom, Against Greed

Oh my God, the glory of these trees.
I have been obsessed with baby doll tees
their fine scent, their exquisite curving arms.
I would spend every green bill,
throwing leafy hallelujahs heaven's way,
if I did not have to feed my children.
Apple blossom, cherry blossom, I do not know their names.
If I wrap myself in cotton, I can not feel the thorns.
Anonymous ghosts, bless you for lighting my way.

***********************************************************************

I tried the flip-flop opposite method of writing a poem again. See read.write.poem. for more info.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Like it lots. The lines really flow together despite being two story lines--which I guess is the point of it--to give it more depth. Like painting with oils and having layer upon layer. I tried one, not sure if it's what the form is meant to be and can't seem to make the spacing come out the way i want it.The posting site seems to have its own mind and I have a short interest span in trying to correct it. Again, kudos to you and your muse :-)AnnieH

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home