jillypoet: mom trying to write

Each day I wish I had invented waterproof sticky notes (for shower inspiration) or pen-friendly diapers to get down all my quirky thoughts that I am sure are relevant and publishable. And so God (actually another writer-mommy) sent me The Blog.

Monday, November 03, 2008

Poetry Gong - Poem 23

What Will You Be Wearing While the World Around You Grows Old
- After Winter Trees Cough Like Old Men by Eugenio Montejo


Birch trees in late fall are naked
like pale old women in bathing suits
sunning on a canvas covered dock.

*****************************************************************************

I know I was supposed to type up my pantoum from yesterday, but the purpose of this particular gong is to write a NEW poem every day, so I had to write something new!

I turned to Poetry Daily, read the daily poem, and this poem came to me!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love all of your descriptions. this is poetry as it should be. you (and your poetry) are living in the world and i am stuck in my head. :)

9:43 PM  
Blogger jillypoet said...

my poetry is hardly ever in my head. finally, there is a non-parallel. non-parelil (isn't that a candy?)

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home