jillypoet: mom trying to write

Each day I wish I had invented waterproof sticky notes (for shower inspiration) or pen-friendly diapers to get down all my quirky thoughts that I am sure are relevant and publishable. And so God (actually another writer-mommy) sent me The Blog.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Supergirl Loses Her Cape

Ever lost
something special?
Whispered
where the hell are you?
to the clasp on your bra?

Left your underwear
under there?

Life as a paper doll
is more paper cut
than paper play.

Ever tried getting dressed
with your head ripped off?
Without a shoulder
to lie on
blouses slip off
scarves recoil

capes nosedive.
(Maybe that's where it went.
Hung
on some guy's nose.)

Don't blame the other guy.

When the wooly caterpillar
goes black,
you know the bookworms
can't be far behind.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

excellent stuff super hero poet girl:>)

5:08 PM  
Blogger Joyce Ellen Davis said...

From the poet's new collection "Jesus and Other Superheroes."

!

9:18 PM  
Blogger Beaman said...

Wow, that's an interesting and funny piece. Hanging of guy's noses, I love that line!

I am super glad I don't have to worry where my paper bras are but underpants and cotton socks do often go amiss.

I would be delighted if you would join my weekly Poetry Prompt.

Beaman

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home