jillypoet: mom trying to write

Each day I wish I had invented waterproof sticky notes (for shower inspiration) or pen-friendly diapers to get down all my quirky thoughts that I am sure are relevant and publishable. And so God (actually another writer-mommy) sent me The Blog.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

January is the cruelest month

From window no sound
squirrel tails, branches twitching
ground sighs, waits for snow.

Dried leaves wave on branch
tip of umbilical cord
grown new life outside.

Ochre, tan, dull brown
moist tree bark, wet moss faded
nature is tired.

Cold eyes blink, white-washed.
Will they remember color?
Spring three months away.

3 Comments:

Blogger January said...

hmmm ... I'm not sure how I feel about your title. But I like the poem, especially the second stanza.

:)

2:53 PM  
Blogger Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Jilly, or...Deb, or somebody. Now that I have managed to mess up the comments on Read.Write.Poem, I find I am not among the listed participants like I thought. What do I need to do?

9:18 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

It's a great poem. You should link it to RWP.

I fixed Joyce up.

:-)

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home