Well, it's Tuesday, so I'm going to try the confession thing again. It's good for the soul. Or is it the muse?
1. I love Andy Griffith. The show, not the guy. Although, I think I might have liked to have Andy as my dad. He seems pretty mellow and kind.
2. Everytime I drive home, travel up the Adirondack northway, I reminisce about old boyfriends. I don't mean to. I don't plan on it. Their spirits just leap out at me from the pine trees. Insinuate themselves between my hands on the steering wheel, or, if my husband is driving, they shape-shift into his visage. Again with the old boyfirends. I know. Shallow water. Thin ice. I know.
3. I have a novel sort of planned out about a girl like me, haunted by old boyfriends. I think I wrote the notes somewhere. It came to me while I was in the throes of NaNoWriMo last year. Sneaky, trying to lure me away from my novel about the woman who follows the butterflies to Mexico. Sneaky. Like ghosts of old
3 1/2. Ahem...I should ammend this to say, although I secretly consider myself a rebel, of sorts, and a woman who stands up for herself, the "I'll show you..." type, I would never act on my old boyfriend daydreams. That bugs me, a little. I wish that I had the nerve to be adventurous, sort of live my own novel, but somewhere along the line, I lost my knack for adventure. At least, dangerous, sneaking into concerts, sneaking out of the house kind of adventure. I used to be fun. Now, I'm a mom.
4. As usual, I am ignoring my children to write. My son is standing by my side imploring me to come help him fix something that he broke. But my mother said it was ok if I finished. My mom said! (The kids and I are visiting my parents.)
5. I hate hunting.
6. I love taking my son to the lady barber in my hometown. I love that she opened a barber shop in a small Adirondack town. Just for men. It's filled with heads of deer, a bear skin hung across one wall, stuffed fish, a boar's head, a whole stuffed standing beaver, a bee hive. The coffee table is filled with hunting magazines, fishing journals and a couple "men's" publications. I love it there. Please refer back to #5--I hate hunting. But I love the "lady barber" and her shop. And she gives a killer boys' haircut!
7. I really, really wish I had more time to write. Even more so, I wish I had time to think.
8. I want to try and write a poem from this confession post. God help me! Seriously. God. Help me!
Visist the Polka Dot Witch's blog for more confessions!