jillypoet: mom trying to write

Each day I wish I had invented waterproof sticky notes (for shower inspiration) or pen-friendly diapers to get down all my quirky thoughts that I am sure are relevant and publishable. And so God (actually another writer-mommy) sent me The Blog.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Patchwork Thursday


Need something to liven up your Thursdays? Why not try a patchwork poem, or a cento!

Each Thursday I will post a patchwork poem culled from some of my favorite poets. Then, if you'd like to participate, add a link to a poem of your own in the comments section. The following Thursday, paste a link to your poem. You can see my first attempt, Me and My Shadow, here.

To keep it simple:

1st & 3rd Thursdays of the month, post a link to a poem all your own.

2nd & 4th Thursdays, post a link to your newly created patchwork poem!

If you'd like to participate, email me at jillypoet@verizon.net and I'll include you on my sidebar.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carolee said...

i'm going to do this. i am. i want to. i don't think i can today or tomorrow. but maybe i can. don't give up on me. :)

--carolee

10:21 AM  
Blogger writerwoman said...

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I just put up a post about this at Poets Who Blog.

9:34 PM  
Blogger paisley said...

so first step is to link you to something we have already written... and then you will allow us to pull lines from the submitted poems and recreate something???

or do i have this all ass backward.....

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home