jillypoet: mom trying to write

Each day I wish I had invented waterproof sticky notes (for shower inspiration) or pen-friendly diapers to get down all my quirky thoughts that I am sure are relevant and publishable. And so God (actually another writer-mommy) sent me The Blog.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Eating My Words, or: What's On the Menu In Suburbia Tonight

Chewing glass shreds my tongue
and I keep swallowing.
Ice trails the shards of iridescent
anger all the way down
hate
hate
hate
shining red morsels
lodge in my stomach.
I can never take those words back.
Unless,
unless,
you clean the toilet.
Eat them,
why don’t you.

***

I'm not one for short poems, but I needed to write. I wonder if I should play with this, play with food images, word metaphors?

1 Comments:

Blogger January said...

Wow, this is strong, Jilly. Play with the food images and see where they take you.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home