jillypoet: mom trying to write

Each day I wish I had invented waterproof sticky notes (for shower inspiration) or pen-friendly diapers to get down all my quirky thoughts that I am sure are relevant and publishable. And so God (actually another writer-mommy) sent me The Blog.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Poetry Pals Are The Best!

My amazing poet friends at The Poetry Collaborative wrote a poem for my birthday! They rock! The poem is below, but it's not finished. I am so lucky!


Birds calculate seasons wending to soft palates
savoring intricate dust shadows that swerve
apologetically away from northern evergreens.
How divided flocks move in spite of hunger,
how restricted airways steer without meaning
toward vast and truant winds, near ponds.

Other birds look up, look up from frosting ponds,
cluck their dry, bony tongues against hard palates.
The sounds seem like signals, mimicking meaning,
code amplified through their hollow bodies. They swerve
then dive. Alighting on the ground they mock hunger
like food stored eternally in the veins of evergreens.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jill! Hope it's a good one.

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home