jillypoet: mom trying to write

Each day I wish I had invented waterproof sticky notes (for shower inspiration) or pen-friendly diapers to get down all my quirky thoughts that I am sure are relevant and publishable. And so God (actually another writer-mommy) sent me The Blog.

Monday, November 10, 2008

Poetry Gong - Poem 30

After Hosing the Last of the Dead Rabbit From the End of Her Driveway, June Cleaver Writes God a Letter


Here’s what I think—
you created reflection
for your own amusement.
********************************************************************************

This should be a happy occassion: the last poem of poetry gong. 30 poems in 30 days! But, it is with sadness that I post this last poem. I have really enjoyed the discipline of the gong. And the surprises of what poems may arise when I force myself to sit down and write--no matter what.

My plan is to continue a 5 day gong. Or maybe...60? Nah! Hmmm................

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've done so well with your gongs, Jill. I can't imagine writing 30 poems in 30 days. Sheesh. And I've enjoyed reading these so much.

Hope you're having a fantastic day.

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this might be my favorite piece of the gong.

i went to bed early last night so i am just reading it now, on your birthday!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY1 I'M SHOUTING!!!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Kris Underwood said...

You come up with the best titles. Am envious!

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. The end of this is wonderfully striking. I like this one a lot.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home